Reports showed that with the exception of a handful of minor incidents, special voting proceeded as planned, it said.
The Electoral Commission of South Africa said on Monday night it was satisfied overall with the first day of special voting for the 2019 national and provincial elections.
“As a test run of our planning and preparations today was a very solid and encouraging start. It has given us the opportunity to put our plans, systems and logistics to the test and see where we may need to focus attention on Wednesday,” said chief electoral officer Sy Mamabolo. In another incident, a pack of three unused, unassembled ballot boxes was discovered on the side of a road in Tzaneen, Limpopo. The commission investigated the incident and found that the boxes were lost off the back of a vehicle during transport to a voting station, it said.
An internal case of negligence and bringing the IEC into disrepute was being investigated against the official concerned, who had been suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
Россия Последние новости, Россия Последние новости
Similar News:Вы также можете прочитать подобные новости, которые мы собрали из других источников новостей
IEC to release results on first Saturday after electionThe IEC said that everything was in place for the sixth general elections and that 60 million ballot papers had been printed.
Прочитайте больше »
No major incidents reported on first day of special voting, says IECHundreds of thousands of elderly voters and those who wouldn’t be able to cast their ballots on Wednesday made use of the opportunity to cast special votes on Monday.
Прочитайте больше »
IEC satisfied with first day of special voting despite unrest | IOL NewsThe IEC said it was satisfied overall with the first day of special voting for the 2019 national and provincial elections.
Прочитайте больше »
IEC averts potential election strikeThe IEC and workers affiliated to Nehawu reach an agreement to avert a potential strike on election day.
Прочитайте больше »
eThekwini stutters as polling gets underwayService delivery protests and the continuing strike by council workers in the eThekwini Metro caused delays this morning to the opening of polling stations in the city and in several other areas in KwaZulu-Natal. SAElections2019
Прочитайте больше »
IEC workers’ strike averted at the last minuteThis followed a marathon two-day meeting between the IEC and Nehawu that tried to resolve the matter.
Прочитайте больше »
WATCH: Mystery as IEC ballot boxes found next to Limpopo road | IOL NewsThe mystery of how several Electoral Commission of SA (IEC) ballot boxes ended up abandoned on a Limpopo road remains.
Прочитайте больше »
IEC staff won't be on strike on election day, Nehawu promisesElectoral Commission (IEC) workers affiliated to the National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union (NEHAWU) will not be downing tools on election day after all.
Прочитайте больше »
IEC strike averted after Nehawu reaches deal with commissionNehawu and the commission reached an agreement after two days of marathon negotiations to resolve the outstanding issues.
Прочитайте больше »
IEC meets Nehawu to stop possible election day strikeThis comes after talks broke down on Sunday in the wake of the trade union's threat last week to strike during the general elections on Wednesday.
Прочитайте больше »
IEC staff won't be on strike on election day, Nehawu promisesElectoral Commission (IEC) workers affiliated to the National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union (NEHAWU) will not be downing tools on election day after all.
Прочитайте больше »